There are a wide range of volunteering opportunities.
Most require very little Japanese language ability.
- Volunteer shifts are approximately 2.5 hours.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years old (conditions of our insurance policy).
- No sandals or open-toed shoes.
- Please wear comfortable clothes.
- If you you are sick or will be late please contact email@example.com.
- Immediately inform staff if you are injured during your shift.
- We have a zero tolerance policy for harassment and discrimination. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by staff, other volunteers, or recipients we ask you to bring it to the immediate attention of the Volunteer Coordinator or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will protect your personal information and not release it to a 3rd party.
- We will not use photos or videos of you without your permission.
- We ask you follow all staff instructions, especially those related to safety.
Our insurance policy supplements Japanese National Health Insurance. If you have private insurance, you may want to confirm your coverage. Please contact us if you have questions.
Volunteers use our vehicle to pick up food from a donor and/or deliver food to agencies as needed. A regular volunteer commitment is helpful for our planning, but not required.
We prepare care packages which are sent to households introduced to us by agencies and government welfare officials. Volunteers sort donations and pack boxes for shipment.
An activity that prepares food for afternoon pantry pickup.
An activity to provide food to those who come to the office to pick up food.